Creating and Updating your MGB Connector
Creating an MGB connector allows FedEx customers to import Line Haul and Fuel Transaction data from their FedEx account into Truckspy. The benefit of adding this connector to your Truckspy account includes:
- Check your fuel exceptions to ensure your IVMRs are complete
- View, filter, and sort all of your line haul trips (like trips by the driver, trips by vehicle, etc)
- Identify if any trucks in your MyGroundBiz that aren't in your ELD and vice versa
- Analyze your fuel transactions to improve where you purchase fuel
- Identify any FedEx locations on your settlement that aren't in our location database
💡See the benefits in action with this introduction video
Create an MGB Connector in Truckspy
💡Short on time? Click here to watch the 3-minute how-to video.
- Log into Truckspy at https://app.truckspy.io
- Select Company from the list of menu items on the left.
- In the Connections field, select Add
Use the following example for the MGB connection:
- Connection Name: MGB - [Company Name]
- Connection Type: GroundBiz
- Capabilities: Select the listed seven Fetch & Accept items and click Add
- Username: enter the username used for logging into your FedEx account
- Password: enter the password used for logging into your FedEx account
- Select Create.
📖Info: The Username & Password fields are then populated with encrypted text. Truckspy does this for security purposes.
- Select the name of the created Connection > select Enable
📖NOTE: Logging out of and then back into Truckspy creates newly listed Fuel and Linehaul menu items on the left; these are located along with the links to your Dashboard, Vehicles, Drivers, etc:
Also, the initial population of data for these newly created menu items can take up to 24 hours. Truckspy connects your FedEx accounts 1x later in the evening to import data to your account. Truckspy is also dependent on the frequency when FedEx updates your MyGroundBiz information.
Accessing MGB Data in Truckspy
Access to your Fuel and Linehaul data is available 24 hours after the initial creation of the MGB Connector. The Fuel and Linehaul data is accessed by selecting either of the two menu items located on the left side along with the listings for the Dashboard, Vehicles, Drivers, etc.
- Fuel - provides the list of fuel transactions and vehicle performance.
- Linehaul - provides Settlement data on linehaul trips performed
Updating the MGB Connector in Truckspy
FedEx requires contractors to change their MyGroundBiz password every 90 days. Updating the FedEx site password also requires that you update your MGB password in Truckspy. This is a simple process and is done by following these steps:
- Login to your TruckSpy account> select Company from the left menu list.
- Select the MGB Name created for the connector (in Blue text).
The Connection Information window is displayed with the encrypted text Truckspy generated in the Username and Password fields.
Continue updating your account information by following these steps:
- Select Edit located at the top right of the Connection Information window.
- Select and highlight the encrypted text in the Username. Re-enter your FedEx ID number.
- Select and highlight the encrypted text in the Password box. Enter your new password used for accessing your FedEx Account.
- Select the blue Save button located at the top of the Connection Information window.
💡As always please contact us if you have questions. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org