📖Note: This tutorial details how to add custom location groups/locations to your company’s TruckSpy account. This is a useful tool for marking company headquarters or adding temporary or spot locations that are not in the FedEx Ground location group.
Step 1: Create a Custom Location Group
- From your Dashboard in TruckSpy, click on the Locations tab and then click Groups.
- You will notice at the bottom of the page a box labeled Global Location Groups. You will most likely see the FedEx Ground location group here. This contains all FedEx locations that are in the TruckSpy database. Most of the locations your trucks will be assigned to are in this location group.
At the top of the page you will see the box labelled Company’s Location Groups. To add a custom location group, click Add in the top right corner.
- Type in the name of your custom group, then click Create.
- Your custom group has been created, and it should now appear under Company’s Location Groups.
To start entering in custom locations, click on the name of the group.
Step 2: Add custom locations to your Group
- Enter the street address of the new location into the box in the top left corner of the map.
You should then be able to select it from the dropdown menu. The map will then zoom in to this location.
- Click the Satellite button in the top right. This will allow you to see more clearly the location you will be outlining.
- Click the Polygon Tool icon. This will allow you to draw a border around your selected location.
Draw the border by clicking points on the map to create an outline. To complete the shape, click back on the first point.
Once the location has been successfully created, it should appear on the map like this:
📖Note: This may take up to a couple minutes to load. If you are still having trouble viewing the new location, try refreshing your browser.
- Edit the information associated with this location by clicking Edit.
You can then change the number/name of the location, as well as enter the street address (optional).
Once created, your locations will appear in a list at the left side of the map.
Step 3: Assign the custom Location Group to your Reporting Profile(s)
⚠️IMPORTANT: You must complete this step to be able to assign trucks to locations in your custom Group.
- Click on the Reporting Profiles tab.
- Select a Reporting Profile. You may only have one in your account, which will most likely be the Default Reporting Profile.
- Go to the box labeled Location Groups. Click Assign.
- Select the name of your custom Group from the list, then click Assign.
It should then appear in the Location Groups box.
You should now be able to assign trucks to locations within this group as you would any other location.