💡Check out our How-To Video:
Each tablet is explicitly assigned to a truck (installed ELD). This is how we’re able to do the automatic connection. Not having the correct tablet in the assigned truck will trigger a loud beeping noise, which can become annoying. This is done intentionally and indicates that the tablet is NOT correctly communicating with the truck’s device.
How to Correct
Not having the tablet connected to the ELD is technically a violation. So, it is essential to reestablish the proper connection as soon as possible. The first thing you should do if you are driving is to find a safe place to pull over and follow these steps:
- Select the Hours of Service icon located at the bottom middle of the screen.
- In the orange bar, you’ll see Vehicle Disconnected, located at the top left, under the blue bar saying Hours of Service.
- Select the blue Connect button on the right within the orange bar. A white Connect to Vehicle window appears. Select the blue Connect button in that window. The device should then reconnect.
- Select the blue Connect button in the orange bar one more time.
- This time, select the Manual Connection button on the white screen.
- You’ll then be asked to Select Device Type. Select PT40
- The tablet will scan for and display all nearby PT40 devices.
- Select the device associated with the truck (it should be the only one that comes up)
If that still does not work, turn the tablet off and back on. Log back into the tablet and see if that makes the connection. If you still have issues, call our Technical Support team at 803.627.1017. We can remote into the tablet to determine what might be happening.