💡Check out our How-To Video:
⚠️IMPORTANT: Remember that performing Inspections is labeled as On-Duty work by the FMCSA’s ELD rules. Make sure to select your Off Duty clock reset (either your 34 hour or 10 hour off-duty break), whatever is needed on your clock. This warning message will be presented to you as you start your inspection.
Starting Your Inspection
- Log into your Tablet with the assigned Username and Password
- Select the Inspection icon location in the upper left of the screen. You’ll then be provided the option to select either Perform Pre/Post Trip Inspection or View Past Inspections.
Select Perform Pre/Post Trip Inspection. We’ll be presented with options for:
- Equipment Change
- Trailers 1, 2, and 3
- Select the appropriate radio button
- Select the blue Start Inspection button in the lower right corner.
Performing the Inspection
You’ll then be presented with a series of Inspection questions. These are added during Truckspy’s implementation and are specific to your company. Each question has a Thumbs-Up (meaning all is good) and a Thumbs-Down (meaning there is an issue with that particular item).
Selecting Thumbs-Down on an item automatically activates a Note field with a keypad and a camera icon.
- You can use the keyboard to enter why the item failed the inspection.
- Select the camera icon to activate.
- Select the camera icon to take the picture. The picture gets automatically attached to that inspection item.
Finishing the last inspection item then takes you to a screen for your sign-off if the vehicle is safe to operate. Select the blue Next button in the upper right corner to finish the inspection.
⚠️IMPORTANT: You should notify your Fleet Manager or designated point of contact if you determine the truck is unsafe.